Dr. Eduardo da Silveira is Board Certified in Gastroenterology and he has been in practice since 2003. He is a native of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where he attended medical school. He moved to the US in 1997 to pursue post-graduate training and completed his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Gastroenterology at the Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami. He then completed an advanced fellowship in Biliary Endoscopy (2005) and a fellowship in Endoscopic Ultrasound at Stanford University (2006), where he served as an Instructor of Medicine.
Before he started his practice in San Jose in 2008, Dr. Eduardo da Silveira was an Assistant Professor of Medicine and worked for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center as an Interventionist Gastroenterologist. Dr. Eduardo da Silveira has multiple publications in gastroenterology, and he is particularly interested in new endoscopic techniques. In 2018, Dr. Eduardo da Silveira went to the National Cancer Center Hospital in Tokyo and the Zhongshan Hospital (Fudan University) in Shanghai to learn Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) and Per-Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM). His practice is focused on conventional and complex endoscopic procedures like upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, EUS, ESD, and POEM.
He is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), and the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG). Dr. Eduardo da Silveira is also on the medical staff of Good Samaritan Hospital, El Camino Hospital (Los Gatos and Mountain View), Regional Medical Center, and O’Connor Hospital. In his free time, he likes to watch and play basketball with his son.
Working in the Bay Area as a gastroenterologist for many years has been very rewarding. The diverse patient population in the South Bay Area has exposed me to a number of gastrointestinal diseases not commonly seen in other parts of the country. My goal is to develop a focused and cost-effective treatment plan for every patient. I strive to deliver care that is compassionate and proactive, from the office to the endoscopy suite.
- Colonoscopy and Colon Cancer Screening
- EMR (Endoscopic Mucosal Resection)
- EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy)
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound)
- Bariatric Endoscopy
- Endoscopic palliation of cancers (pancreas, esophagus, colon)
- Management of liver diseases (viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver)
- Management of disease of the stomach and intestines (Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, infections, malabsorptions)
- Management of diseases of the pancreas, gallbladder and bile duct
- Online Video Visits
- Fellowship: University of Miami
- Advanced Fellowship: McGill University and Stanford University
- Residency: University of Miami
- MD: Federal University of Rio de Janeiro